My Photo
Name:
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States

Thursday, December 01, 2005

"My Little One My Dear"

I've watched you as you've blossomed
Become the girl you are
You're someone who's quite special
A bright and shining star
Yet, within this young woman
I see before me here
My little girl is present
Remembered and quite dear
And always she'll be with you
Ahead throughout the years
Your past, present and future
You'll mix with joy and tears
Your life will bring you tumbles
From many stumbling blocks
For mixed within lifes pleasures
Are many hidden rocks
But as you've grown I've noticed
My young ones wings appear
And daily they'll grow stronger
As you soar from year to year
I'll watch you from a distance
And yet will hold you near
And always I will love you
My little one, my dear
*
- Selina asked me to write a poem for Brehana who is graduating tonight (5-25-04) - asked me to say something about how special and unique she is and how she will always be her little girl - this is what I came up with -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home