My Photo
Name:
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States

Sunday, May 21, 2006

"Asked of the Dead"

How could they do that?
Causing such pain
Hollow and empty
Hearts now will drain
What of their family
How will they feel?
Heart heavy sorrow
With which to deal
Friends too are hurting
Feeling the ache
Heavy the pressure
Make no mistake
How could they do that?
What did they dread?
Sorrowful questions
Asked of the dead.
*
5-21-06 some young friends committed suicide last fall and I wrote this about it. I was so angry with them for doing such a terrible thing. They brought so much pain and heartache to so many who loved them. Yet I know they were sick, wounded people and in need of help. I just wish someone had recognized just how injured or wounded they were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home